Introduction to Art Journaling
Date: Every Wednesday in June 2016
Early Bird Price (Before May 25th): $99+GST
Regular Price: $125+GST
Use coupon code “EARLYBIRDAJ” in our online store prior to May 25th for the early bird pricing
Availability: We require a minimum of 5 individuals and a max of 10 to run the workshop. We will refund all fees if a cancellation occurs and will give as much notice as possible to clients.
Have you ever wanted to try art journaling but need a nudge to get started? Do you journal or write regularly and want to take it to the next level by incorporating visual art? Do you want to learn some new techniques and get your hands on some inspiring prompts? Come and draw, paint, write, explore and create at our Introduction to Art Journaling workshop!
What You Will Learn
Working with your own personal journals, you will be guided through how to:
- Apply a variety of techniques to alter journal pages using a range of lettering, collage, foil, pastels, salt, acrylic paint, alcohol ink and a range of watercolour mediums.
- Carve your own personal lino-cut stamp, make foam-prints, and hand-cut your own stencils.
- Alter pages with folds, pockets, and found material.
- Learn how to build your own on-the-go art journaling kit so you can journal anywhere!
- Incorporate thought provoking prompts and inspirational topics to help you explore what it means to “Be You.”
What You Need To Bring
- A notebook. You generally want something portable (that is easy to pop in your purse or bag and not smaller than 5×7.Picking out a notebook is a very personally thing! Do you want lines or blank pages? Handmade paper or smooth pages?
- You can also choose to bring an old book and alter its pages, using them as backdrops for your work. Make sure the binding is secure and that pages are not coming loose.
- A black thin-line pen or marker. You will be using this constantly to sketch and write.
- A white paint or ink pen for writing or sketching over your pages.
Come with the basics and some of your favorite tools and we will provide the rest!
What We Will Provide For You To Use In The Studio
We have an assortment of:
- Pencils, ink pens, gel pens, and sharpies
- Wide range of papers, foils, tissue, textured and printed material.
- Scissors, paper cutters, tracing tools, templates, stencils, and rulers
- Tape (masking, washi, duct), glue, acrylic medium, gel medium, gesso
- Watercolours (pallet, crayons, pencils, pens), oil paint, and acrylic paint
- Chalk and oil pastels, stamping objects, ink, sponges, brushes, alcohol inks, fabric, and much, much more!
Is This Just For Artists?
Absolutely not! Art journaling can be done by anyone! Art journaling is your own personal place where you can experiment with colour, materials, textures, and script. You don’t have to show your art journal to anyone as they may contain your own personal thoughts and your personal creative expressions and that is okay!
It is the creative process that is important. Your journal is a place for you to work things out, to express your inner most feelings. It doesn’t have to be perfect as you are using your journal as a place to experiment with your creativity. Your art journal is yours alone and you do not have to discuss the content of your journal with anyone unless you wish to do so. We are always here and ready to assist you in any way.
Have Further Questions?
If you have any further questions, please contact Meg Neufeld at the office by calling (604) 283-7827 ext. 2 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to answer any questions you might have!