University of Toronto – Bachelor of Arts Honours, Double Major in Equity Studies and Sociology
Yorkville University – Masters of Counselling Psychology (Pending)
Trauma, grief/loss, divorce, marriage and couples, reproductive mental health.
Certificates and Special Training
Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute:
▪ Depression Prevention and Intervention Training – 2017
▪ Self Injury Prevention and Intervention Training– 2018
▪ Brief Focused Counseling Training– 2019
▪ Trauma – Strategies for Resolving the Impact of Post-Traumatic Stress– 2020
• Introduction to Racial Justice Workshop– 2021
• Strategies for LGBTQ+ Inclusion Workshop– 2021
• Inclusive Language Workshop –2021
• Disrupting Unconscious Biases –2021
▪ Trauma-Informed Expressive Art Therapy–2019
▪ Practicing Resilience: Essential Self-Care Strategies for Helping Professionals–2019
▪ Children on Trauma and Resilience– 2020
▪ Safe Person Suicide Training – Safe Talk- 2017
▪ Indigenous Cultural Safety Regional Training – The Federation of Community Social Services of BC-2019
▪ Providing care for Transgender Diverse People Foundational Training- Trans Care -2018
▪ Decolonizing Addiction – Len St. Pierre- 2019
▪ Digital Threat Assessment Basic Training – Ensuring Safe & Caring School- 2020
I believe in the philosophy that we do our best work from a place of safety, inclusion, and collaboration. I pursue all my relations from an empathic, trauma-informed, and client-centered approach. I pride myself in building authentic relationships from the mindset that people are doing the best they can in any given moment and that success looks different for each individual’s situation. I feel gratitude and a sense of honour to be able to walk alongside my clients as they share their experiences.
I joined Alongside You because I have witnessed firsthand the amazing work they do in the community of Delta. As someone who wishes to give back to the Delta community for the support and growth it has given me, I knew Alongside You was my best connection point.
What would you be doing if you did not pursue the career path you have right now?
I love flowers! I am drawn to them as a self-care practice and because of their beautiful metaphoric connection to life experiences. Therefore, I would take my current hobby and pursue a path in
How do you relax when you are outside of work?
One of my favourite relaxing activities is to grab a coffee, my dog and head to the local beach. Whether it is a walk or a swim, I find the ocean to be a rejuvenating space.
What do you consider the most important value?
I am not sure if there is a single value that outweighs others. Important values which I guide my life and relations are that of gratitude and curiosity. Both these values are meaningful in how I view
the world and my work with others.