MPM, MCS-MFT, RCC
Assistant Clinical Director, Registered Clinical Counsellor, Neurofeedback Practitioner
Assistant Clinical Director + Registered Clinical Counsellor
Trauma, Grief and loss, Addictions, Anxiety, Depression, Adults, Couples, Families
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology, Trinity Western University
- Master of Pastoral Ministry (MPM), Carey Theological College
- Master of Christian Studies (MCS) in Marriage and Family Therapy, Trinity Western University
Professional Registrations & Certifications
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). RCC #20218.
- Certificate in Spiritual Formation, Carey Theological College
- Certified Leadership Coach, Essential Impact
- Recovery Coach training, Connecticut Community Addiction Recovery
- The Healing Power of AEDP Viewed Through the Lens of EFT – Dr. Richard Harrison
- When Love Hurts anti-violence training for helping professionals
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor, and also currently a student at ACTS Seminaries pursuing a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy. I also have a Master’s degree which I used in my role as an addictions counsellor for the last 14 years, while supporting community members in the DTES (Downtown Eastside Vancouver). I am passionate about coming alongside others in all walks of life, helping them to grow in confidence as they step towards healing and restoration. In my schooling I enjoyed studying Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT) and its practical application in every day situations. I also have experience using solution-focused therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, and motivational interviewing in my role as an addictions counsellor.
When and why did Matt join Alongside You?
I joined Alongside you in May 2022, and I am grateful to have the opportunity to gain experience in this context.
How does Matt relax when he is outside of work?
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also enjoy running, biking, swimming, and casually training for a triathlon with my wife and friends. I also like to throw the football around with my 10-year-old son and snowboard with my 7-year-old daughter.