We are pleased to provide individualized therapeutic yoga services local to Tsawwassen, Ladner, Delta, Surrey, and Richmond at our office located in Ladner, BC. Our Registered Fitness Professional meets with individuals to provide professional yoga instruction on a one on one basis. The benefits of yoga are well established, but most places to learn yoga involve large groups of people in large open spaces. While this works well for many people, we have been told by others, particularly those struggling with mental health or dealing with past or present trauma, that these classes are very difficult for them to engage in. We offer an alternative that is perhaps more easily accessed for those needing individual support and a less overwhelming atmosphere.
Why do people come for Therapeutic Yoga?
If you’re coming for therapeutic yoga for physical and/or mental health or emotional challenges, it is best that you consult with your care providers prior to engaging in yoga. Our yoga professionals work together with our other allied health practitioners in the office, as well as outside physiotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, chiropractors, massage therapists, and doctors to help you best assess how therapeutic yoga can be part of your overall health plan moving forward.
Our yoga focuses on addressing the root of the issue before deciding, alongside you, what the goal of your yoga practice is and how to address this through therapeutic yoga. Your planning with our professionals will look at your overall physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing and how therapeutic yoga can help you address these areas.
Some of the most common areas that can be addressed with therapeutic yoga are:
- General aches and pains
- Muscles and ligaments that may be too tight, or too loose and are causing difficulties
- Alignment issues: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders); lordosis (sway back); asymmetries in hips; pronated feet; scoliosis; etc
- Physical injuries: Whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hips, knees, shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists); back pain, and more
- Mobility after surgeries
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Digestive issues such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, acid reflux, indigestion, constipation and diarrhea
- Pain management
- Movement Disorders such as Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and others
- Women’s Health issues such as PMS, menstrual irregularities, pregnancy, infertility, and menopause
- Depression and Anxiety: Movement and stretching can help work through emotions, relieve stress, and help build healthy relaxation habits
- Addictions: May help with bringing balance and building habits that have a positive influence on any repetitive habit, smoking, eating, alcohol, drugs, gambling
TAKE THE FIRST STEP. CONTACT US TODAY
If you are interested in working together, take the first step today by sending us an email or giving us a call!
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Alongside You offers yoga classes in addition to our individual yoga programs.