We are pleased to provide pelvic rehabilitation services local to Tsawwassen, Ladner, Delta, Surrey, and Richmond at our office located in Ladner, BC. Our Registered Fitness Professional meets with individuals to address a variety of needs, and designs a comprehensive treatment plan that will aim to achieve each individual’s goals and needs.
Common reasons for Pelvic Rehabilitation
Private consultation with a Registered Fitness Professional will help address often intensely private needs that people aren’t comfortable sharing in a group environment.
Common reasons people see our Registered Fitness Professional are:
- Stress, urge or mixed urinary incontinence: Pelvic floor muscle training (PFMT) can be highly successful in the recovery of UI pre- & post-natal, in athletes, teenage girls and in seniors
- Pre-Natal: Client is wanting to build a strong healthy pelvic environment for delivery
- Infertility: Increases blood flow and nerve supply to uterus and pelvic floor muscles
- Menstrual Health: Improved circulation to ovaries and uterus, and relaxes your pelvic floor muscles
- Pelvic girdle and back pain: strengthens TVA (natural girdle), improves posture, stabilizes pelvis to provide support for lower back, reducing sciatic and lower back pain
- Hormones: for prevention of injury post-partum. PFMT stabilizes the pelvis and reduces risk of injury due to the release of the hormones relaxin and progesterone, which prepare the body for delivery by relaxing ligaments and joints for up to 6 months after delivery
- Sexual satisfaction: can be helpful by increasing motor and nerve supply to vital nerves
- Dyspareunia/Painful Intercourse: PFMT increases circulation and teaches relaxation of the pelvic floor muscles. Used as a treatment in ‘levator myalgia’ and ‘vulvodynia’
- Diastasis Recti: Separation of Recti abdominal muscles, and the ‘Mummy Tummy’ that won’t go away
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Can occur during and after pregnancy, most common in women over 50
- Posture: Post partum, osteoporosis, hyperkyphosis
- Weight Loss: Post partum, returning to your pre-natal weight
TAKE THE FIRST STEP. CONTACT US TODAY
If you are interested in working together, take the first step today by sending us an email or giving us a call!
We will get back to you as soon as we can.