Individual Therapeutic Yoga
Please note: due to unforeseen circumstances, our yoga services are not running until further notice. Thank you for your understanding. If you’d like to be put on a wait list for any of our services, please send us a message and we’ll let you know when we’re up and running again!
Individual Therapeutic Yoga
We are pleased to provide individualized therapeutic yoga services local to Tsawwassen, Ladner, Delta, Surrey, and Richmond at our office located in Ladner, BC. Our Registered Yoga Teachers and Certified Yoga Therapists meet with individuals to provide professional yoga instruction on a one on one basis. The benefits of yoga are well established, but most places to learn yoga involve large groups of people in large open spaces. While this works well for many people, we have been told by others, particularly those struggling with mental health or dealing with past or present trauma, that these classes are very difficult for them to engage in. We offer an alternative that is perhaps more easily accessed for those needing individual support and a less overwhelming atmosphere.
INDIVIDUAL THERAPEUTIC YOGA FOR ADULTS
If you’re coming for therapeutic yoga for physical and/or mental health or emotional challenges, it is best that you consult with your care providers prior to engaging in yoga. Our yoga professionals work together with our other allied health practitioners in the office, as well as outside physiotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, chiropractors, massage therapists, and doctors to help you best assess how therapeutic yoga can be part of your overall health plan moving forward.
Our yoga focuses on addressing the root of the issue before deciding, alongside you, what the goal of your yoga practice is and how to address this through therapeutic yoga. Your planning with our professionals will look at your overall physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing and how therapeutic yoga can help you address these areas.
Some of the most common areas that can be addressed with therapeutic yoga are:
- General aches and pains
- Muscles and ligaments that may be too tight, or too loose and are causing difficulties
- Alignment issues: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders); lordosis (sway back); asymmetries in hips; pronated feet; scoliosis; etc
- Physical injuries: Whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hips, knees, shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists); back pain, and more
- Mobility after surgeries
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Digestive issues such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, acid reflux, indigestion, constipation, and diarrhea clinic
- Pain management
- Movement Disorders such as Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and others
- Women’s Health issues such as PMS, menstrual irregularities, pregnancy, infertility, and menopause
- Depression and Anxiety: Movement and stretching can help work through emotions, relieve stress, and help build healthy relaxation habits
- Addictions: May help with bringing balance and building habits that have a positive influence on any repetitive habit, smoking, eating, alcohol, drugs, gambling
INDIVIDUAL THERAPEUTIC YOGA FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH (AGES 5-18 YEARS)
Whether your child or youth has experienced trauma or has physical or developmental differences, individual therapeutic yoga can be a helpful resource for those not necessarily comfortable in a group setting or when a specific, customized program directed toward specific needs is best.
Our yoga teacher is happy to work together with behaviour interventionists, chiropractors, counsellors, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech-language pathologists, and other healthcare practitioners to ensure a well-rounded, holistic approach.
Why do people come to therapeutic yoga for children and youth?
- Mild, moderate or severe learning or attention difficulties
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Movement difficulties
The benefits of yoga for special needs include:
- Balancing both sides of the brain and body
- Hand-eye coordination
- Increased body awareness
- Increased focus concentration
- Improve self-confidence
- Improve self-regulation
- Increase emotional awareness
- Decrease stress and anxiety
If you’re interested in group classes, find out more here.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP. CONTACT US TODAY
If you are interested in working together, take the first step today by sending us an email or giving us a call!
We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Alongside You offers yoga classes in addition to our individual yoga programs.