Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Youth and Family Skills Group
21-week therapy program designed for youth and families to manage difficulties such as:
- Emotion dysregulation
- Interpersonal dysregulation
- Behavioural dysregulation
- Cognitive dysregulation
- Family conflicts
- Self dysregulation
- Mental health struggles such as Anxiety, Depression, Borderline Personality, and suicidal tendencies
Youth are at risk of using ineffective and sometimes dangerous coping skills to try to manage cognitive, emotional, and identity difficulties. Families often struggle to figure out how to manage the behaviours and chaos and help their child stay healthy and balanced while keeping the family relationships intact.
We are pleased to announce that we are offering a Youth and Family Skills Group Dialectical Behaviour Therapy program that is open to any youth and their family struggling with the above or similar issues. Research has shown DBT to be particularly effective for anyone struggling with emotional difficulties regardless of their origin. Treatment consists of 21 weekly family group sessions. Homework is reviewed at the beginning of each group and then new skills are introduced. Research shows that DBT skills are very successful in reducing life-threatening behaviours such as substance abuse and suicidal actions.
Time:This group is currently on hold. If you’d like to be put on a waitlist, please contact the office.
Participants: One youth 18 and under, and up to two parents.
Location: Alongside You Offices – 203 – 4840 Delta Street, Ladner, BC V4K 2T6
- Initial Assessment: $140 including GST to determine suitability for group therapy
- Group cost: $2200 including GST
- Clients may split the fees into two equal payments, paid at the start of therapy and after 10 weeks. If clients choose to pay the whole fee at the start of therapy, we reduce the cost to $2100 including GST, saving clients $100.
You may be able to claim a portion of the cost of your extended medical coverage if you have it available. To find out, please call your insurance provider. You will be provided a receipt for submission to your insurance company.