Our Response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus at Alongside You
We take this pandemic very seriously here at Alongside You. Our top priorities are the health of our clients and the health of our staff and associates, including everyone’s physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. As counsellors have recently been deemed an essential service by the BC Public Safety Minister, our office in Ladner will continue to remain open until directed otherwise. Please note we have enacted many precautionary measures to keep our clinic a healthy and safe space for everyone.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are closely following recommendations from the provincial and federal governments, as well as the BCCDC and WHO to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and team members. At this time we have several clinicians who are able to offer in-person appointments. (Of course this may be subject to change as we monitor updates and recommendations closely.) We also have clinicians able to offer online counselling for any clients who prefer to access their service remotely.
We are doing our best to maintain social distancing and community health for staff, clients, and associates while visiting our location. Changes we have made include:
- We are limiting unnecessary physical contact in the office including avoiding shaking hands
- We have increased our cleaning and sanitization regimen through actively disinfecting door knobs and other surfaces that may be touched by others. This is now done multiple times per day.
- We have removed drinks, books, magazines, toys, etc., from the waiting room for the forseeable future to reduce risk of transmission on surfaces.
- We have removed fabric furniture from the waiting area and replaced these items with chairs with non-porous surfaces that are sanitized regularly.
- Our 2 business day cancellation policy will be waived if you are feeling unwell or sick. If you have any symptoms, let us know and please stay home. We can also offer online appointments for you in this case if you’re able to continue with the appointment remotely.
- In turn, we have directed our team to stay home in the possible event of feeling unwell, and to return only when they are completely symptom free.
- We are keeping our front door open so that clients do not need to touch the door handles to enter. Our staff/associates will also open and close our interior office doors for you to limit contact with surfaces.
- We are using separate entrances and exits wherever possible to ensure social distancing.
- We are closely monitoring updates from the World Health Organization and the BC Centre for Disease Control and are looking to them for guidance. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us
Health Procedures When Visiting our Office
In order to maintain everyone’s health we are asking clients and anyone else entering our offices to please abide by the following procedures:
- Please visit the washrooms located on our floor and wash your hands thoroughly before entering our offices.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter our offices as a further precaution, which we have provided for your convenience.
- Please limit your time in our waiting room. We have removed much of the seating and spread out our seating to ensure social distancing of at least 2 metres. If you are early, or are dropping someone off, please wait outside the office elsewhere as much as possible.
- We are requesting that our clients avoid bringing people with them to their appointments, except in the case of someone who requires care (such as a parent bringing a young child to their appointment).
We have made some operational changes during this time to serve you better and keep everyone healthy:
- All of our staff and associates have access to secure online platforms to provide online services. Some associates are only providing online services at this time, and all associates have the ability to provide services online if you prefer.
- We are no longer accepting cash for payments. Instead, we can accept credit cards and debit transactions. Our debit machine is sanitized after every use, with tap being used when possible. Credit cards are processed through our clinic management software and this requires no physical interaction whatsoever.
- Our reception is now working remotely with reduced hours. They are able to make and receive calls as usual, and will be working from 9am-3pm. If you don’t reach someone live on the phone, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call as soon as possible.
** This page will be updated as new information and recommendations emerge. Please contact us at the office with any questions **